The Ohio Technology and Engineering Educators Association (OTEEA) members are K-12 educators, businesses and industries, and other organizations/individuals who are concerned about the true technological literacy of Ohio citizens and society.
The Ohio Technology and Engineering Educators Association is the voice of technology and engineering educators. We provide leadership for the advancement of technological literacy and 21st century skills in Ohio.
- Promote technological literacy for all Ohio students.
- Provide leadership in curriculum and prof essional development.
- Inform governmental and educational decision makers on technological literacy issues.
- Advocate society wide the understanding of technological literacy and why it is vital.
- Form and maintain alliances with the business and industrial community.
All Ohio students need to be engaged in learning the big ideas of Technology, Innovation, Design, Engineering, and STEM. They need to know that technology and engineering:
- Have affected, and continue to affect everyday life.
- Are the basis for improving on the past and creating the future.
- Use design to improve life.
- Drive invention and innovation through a thinking and doing process.
- Combine technologies to make technological systems.
- Create issues that change the way people live and interact.
- Impact society and must be assessed to determine if the effects of its impacts.
- Use inquiry, design and systems thinking to produce solutions.